Friday, October 17, 2008

FRIENDSHIP COOKIES

OK, so these cookies are not really called Friendship Cookies. But, that's what I call them. The reason is, when I met up with fellow blogger, Cori, from Gingerbread Crumbs and Company, she brought me the mix and recipe for these wonderful cookies.

The real name of these are Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Don't they sound yummy!

Cori said these were her favorite cookies and she liked to make these little gifts up for her friends. Hence, Friendship Cookies!


In the jar she had all the dry ingredients and this little recipe card was attached. All you have to do is an egg and a stick of butter. I added a tsp. of vanilla too because I put vanilla in all my cookies.


You just mix them up and bake for 10 mins and then you have some of the best homemade cookies around.


These won't last long around my house. They are way to yummy.

Now, I know you are thinking "Darn! I wish I could have the recipe too."

Well, don't worry. Cori is kind enough to give the recipe so you can make these again even if you no longer have mix. So here it is:

Oatmeal, Pecan, Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups uncooked old-Fashioned Oats

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup flour

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp. baking soda

Sift the last three ingredients together.

You could put that all in a jar in layers if you like and give as a gift.

To the above add:

1 stick butter

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg until blended (Mix may appear curdled).

Add cookie mix or recipe above to butter mixture. Stir until well blended.

Drop rounded tsp. of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake 8-10 mins or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Eat and enjoy!

Thank you so much Cori! These were wonderful and I will always think of you when I make them.

Big hugs,

Joanne

10 comments:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

How sweet of Cori! They look delish!!

Glenda said...

Yum, that's all I can say. I like that way she packaged them.

Ciao

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Joanne, The cookies look very delicious! I just saw your other blog with your cakes on it and I have to say you are one talented lady. Your cakes are gorgeous, I love the designs and the colors. I belong to CC, too, and I'll be showing some of my cakes periodically on my blog. Thanks for sharing.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Wow! All I can say is YUMMY!!
Patricia

Victoria Lynn said...

Mmm...those look yummy! And I love your festive pictures! Have a yummy cookie for me...
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!
Oh there goes my diet again!! They sound awesome!
Yes our house is for sale now! We really need to downsize in all aspects. So here we go on the merry go round of real estate!
Hugs, Sherry

Cindy said...

Those look so good and now I'm craving cookies! I better go see if I can find a Nutrisystem cookie in my stash and hope it helps the craving...it probably won't!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Joanne, the cookies look great. Thanks for this recipe. I will try them!
Love, Ann

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I still have my gift jar from Cori Joanne! I was waiting to have company over to help us eat them but I haven't had the opportunity as yet. If I made them for only V and myself we'd eat them all and we really shouldn't..lol!

They look soooo good!

Hugs, Pat

Just A Girl said...

Hi Joanne,
They look delicious? Did they taste delicious? I've been meaning to make a batch for myself and hubby, but haven't gotten around to it. Life is just way too busy.
I hope your feeling better...did you get a pass?
See you soon!